takes place at 9:10 AM in the Parish Hall.
- Today: Becky and Mark Teiwes will give a presentation on the time they spent working at Niños con Valor in Cochabamba, Bolivia, one of our mission projects. Mark is a professional photographer and will show his photographs of the girls of Corazón del Pastor and their life in this Christian orphanage. Becky and Mark will also describe the work being done at Pedacito del Cielo, a Niños home for HIV/AIDS babies and children. Your mission dollars support these projects, and many parishioners sponsor a child in Bolivia. Come and hear about the wonderful things you are supporting.
- May 26: No Adult Formation
- June 2, 16, 23: Fr. Tim will lead 3 sessions on Conversations About Marriage, geared particularly for people who are recently married (five years or less), but anyone who is, or hopes one day to be, married is welcome to attend. Topics being addressed are:
- June 2 – Cross-Cultural Living: Communicating between the Sexes
- June 16 – Oh, It’s You (Again): Keeping the Relationship Fresh
- June 23 – Sex: Biology, Chemistry, or Physics?
CHILDREN’S FORMATION: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd for children ages 3-12+ takes place at 9:10 AM in the Sheepfold.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS
at the 10:30 AM service:
- Nursery: Care is provided for children ages 0-3 in the nursery during the service.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Children ages 3-5 follow the cross to the left during the singing of the Gloria and go to the Sheepfold; they return at the offertory.
- Christ’s Lambs Liturgy: All registered children ages 6+ are invited to their own liturgy during the 10:30 AM service. If it’s your child’s first time, a parent or guardian must attend with their child in order to register and provide vital health and contact information. Children follow the cross to the right during the singing of the Gloria for their own Liturgy of the Word (music, scripture, homily, prayer, confession, the peace, snacks, and fun activity) and return at the offertory. Registration forms are at the entrances and on the Welcome Table in the Parish Hall.
- During services the Retreat Room (in the back of the church) is provided for you to use with a restless child. From there you can see and hear the service.
HEALING PRAYER: Teams are available after the 10:30 service, following the postlude. One team prays at the altar on the left side; another team (including a priest) is available in the library (off the front lobby).
REMINDER: Please do not bring coffee or other refreshments into the church, and please do not take flash photos during worship services. Thank you.
SUNDAY HOSPITALITY: Please join us in the Parish Hall following the 10:30 service today for fellowship and a meal.
VESPERS TONIGHT at 7:00 PM. Come and encounter God through contemporary music, contemplative prayer, and active engagement with scripture.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION: Most of you received the annual membership application form via e-mail this week. Our semi-annual meeting takes place on Sunday, June 9. We ask that you fill out your application, whether renewing or for the first time, and return it as soon as possible. Completed forms can be placed in the baskets located at the front and side entrances and on the welcome table in the Parish Hall. If you did not receive an application via e-mail, if you do not have an e-mail address, or if you want to become a member, you can pick up a membership application from an usher or from Fr. Malcolm.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT! In preparation for our Semi-Annual Meeting on June 9 we need all ministry heads to write a brief report about their ministry and its activities since July 1, 2012. Reports are due no later than Friday, May 24, and should be sent to Holly (email).
MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (Sunday) DEADLINE: Don’t be left out of our updated Picture Directory and be disappointed. If you would like fellow parishioners to know who you are and/or to have the ability to get in touch with you, please email your picture and the amount of contact information you will allow to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must do this Before Midnight Tonight. The directory will not be distributed outside the church, or appear on Christ the Redeemer’s website. It may not be used for any other reason than church-related, and you should not give out anyone else’s information without their permission.
THIS WEEK AT CHRIST THE REDEEMER
TUESDAY BIBLE STUDY meets in the sacristy Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM. For more information, please call Richard Thorndike (978-922-3618).
ATTENTION WOMEN OF ALL AGES AND STAGES: Join us on Thursdays, 9:45–11:30 AM as we explore the book of Ephesians, using John Stott’s study guide Building a Community in Christ.
PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT TO BENEFIT FAMINE VICTIMS: The youth group ladies are raising funds to support famine victims in the Horn of Africa. Babysitting is being offered to parent who would enjoy a night out from 5:00-8:00 PM on Friday, May 24. Children can be dropped off at the home of Fr. Brian and Jackie Barry in Danvers. Dinner will be provided for children. Donations will be accepted; no amount is too small or too large to help! Please call ahead to reserve your preferred date and for directions. Contact Jackie Barry (email).
THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED on Monday, May 27 for the Memorial Day holiday.
GENERATIONAL HEALING: Appointments for generational healing are being offered by the Rev. Patricia Smith between June 1 and June 8. Two hour individual appointments may be scheduled during the week, following a teaching session for all appointees on Saturday, June 1. Contact Mother Pat (email) to make an appointment. You will be asked to draw out your family tree and sent it to Mthr. Pat so it can be prayed over prior to your prayer appointment. Her book From Generation to Generation (available from Amazon) is recommended preparation. No charge is asked, but donations to the expenses of Generational Healing Ministry are gratefully accepted. Appointments will be at the home of Elizabeth Price (12 Quimby Lane, Atkinson, NH). Contact Elizabeth for more information (email).
CHRIST THE REDEEMER ELECTRONIC SIGN MATCHING GRANT APPEAL: The Vestry has approved a matching grant appeal for the purchase and installation of an electronic sign on Elliott Street. The Executive Outreach team has made a grant of $5,000 towards the $10,000 cost. Throughout May we invite you to give generously to meet this modest goal. We will be able to advertise upcoming events that all can see as they drive by at night. Make checks payable to Christ the Redeemer, noting “sign fund” on the memo line.
TALENT WAITING TO BLOOM: Have you ever wondered who creates the flower arrangements in the altar area on Sundays? Do you love flowers? Do you find yourself picking flowers from your garden and arranging them to create a little sunshine in your home? Then we have something for you to think about over the summer! Christ the Redeemer has a Flower Guild who creates those arrangements, and we are looking for some enthusiastic, creative people to join our group. More information to come later this summer.
HONDURAS SHORT TERM MISSION: Jack Melvin, our missionary in Honduras, has invited a short term mission team from Christ the Redeemer to visit with Padre Roberto Martinez and the brothers and sisters of the Church of the Annunciation, which is located in the very poor town of Tegus near the capital Tegucigalpa. From July 13-22 we will assist in painting and landscaping the church, as well as meeting and distributing food to destitute neighbors. Please let Fr. Malcolm know of your interest in joining the team (email).
HOLY CONVERSATION: A two-year certificate course to train spiritual directors is being offered by the Anglican Diocese in New England (ADNE). The course begins in August, and applications are due in the diocesan office by May 31. Application forms and information are available through the ADNE website or by contacting the Rev. Susan Skillen (email).
NORTH SHORE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is now enrolling students at their Beverly (Pre-K – 5th grade) and Lynn campuses. Purposely academic, intentionally Christian. For more information, contact Jennifer Hevelone-Harper (email) or Carol Alter (email) (website).
SUMMER HOUSING NEED: Reliable, hard working Gordon student seeking housing on the North Shore between May17 and August 2. She is 20 and willing to help with childcare, yard work, and housework. Please contact Cyndi Kreyling for her contact information.
CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK: